Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I want to change my name!

Garrett has quite the imagination at times. A few days ago, we went and saw a movie, "National Treasure 2." The movie was excellent! There was plenty of action. The boys really seemed to enjoy the movie. Treasure hunter Benjamin Franklin Gates (Cage) looks to discover the truth behind the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, by uncovering the mystery within the 18 pages missing from assassin John Wilkes Booth's diary. While Ben is presenting new information about John Wilkes Booth and the 18 pages missing from Booth's diary, one man stands up and presents a missing page of John Wilkes Booth's diary. Thomas Gates, Ben's great-grandfather, is mentioned in the page. It shows that Ben's great-grandfather could have been a person involved with Abraham Lincoln's murder. When doing more research, the conspiracy takes Ben, Abigail, and Riley to Buckingham Palace(which they break into). It takes them to a book in the White House(which they break into also)and they even steal a page from the book. But in order to see more from the book, their choice is either get elected president or kidnap the President of the United States. Which do they choose? It's obvious. The conspiracy then crosses to Mount Rushmore and they even mention the JFK conspiracy. Could Ben clear his family's name? Or will his family be known as the descendant of Abraham Licoln's murderer?

Sounds pretty good! Well, Garrett thought so too. A day after we saw the movie, he came to me and said, "Mom, I was thinking about changing my name." With a slight smile on my face and very intrigued by his request, I said " Oh really! What would you like your name to be?" "Um, I don't know. What about Gates." I got a little chuckle from his response. This was the name of the main character in National Treasure. Garrett was very serious though, so I said "Well, I kinda like the name Garrett. But, if you want me to call you Gates, I will. How about I just call you "G" for short? That can be short for Gates." He just smiled and said, "But Mom, you all ready call me G."

I am still calling him "G", but if he asks, I tell him I am calling him G for Gates. What a goof!

0 comments: