Friday, February 8, 2008

Thougtful

Niel and I teach the 5 year old primary kids. In our class, we are lucky enough to have one of our own... Garrett! It is fun to have him in our class. One of the little boys, Cayden, has a hard time. He loves to be with his dad. Every once and a while, he will get a little teary-eyed as he comes to sit with our class. Cayden is a very good boy and we love having him in our class. It breaks my heart to see him sad. This past Sunday, Garrett saw him crying. Garrett was sitting next to me, but when he saw Cayden, we got up and went down the row quit aways to sit next to Cayden. Garrett said, "I know it is sad to leave your mom and dad. I get sad too sometimes. But I can share my mom with you if you want. She is really nice." Cayden didn't say anything, but he smiled a little. Garrett sat next to him for a while longer. He told me later, he was making sure Cayden was all right.
How thoughtful! Garrett brought a smile and a tear to my eye. What a great example he is to me.

0 comments: