Sunday, January 20, 2008

Stockton's Baptismal Preview

Stockton had is Baptismal Preview meeting tonight. All of the kids who will turn 8 this year and get baptized were invited to come. He was so excited to go, it was a meeting for him and he felt very important.
He is growing up so fast, and it's fun to watch him as he grows and matures. It was definitely fun to see him feel proud tonight. He has watched Conner enjoy Cub Scouts, so when they talked about starting scouts tonight he lit up. He can't wait to begin those fun activities.
But the most memorable moment for me was during the bishop's talk. The bishop was talking about making good choices and the things we can do after we are baptized. Stockton raised his hand and forcefully said "When we make mistakes, we can repent"...he then looked at me and Amy and said "See, I DO listen in church". It was a very cute moment, but it also made me proud. He is such a good kid and has so much love in his heart. Often we think he is not being responsible or paying attention, but in reality he is doing the things he should be and is so kind to everyone. Stockton is an example to me, I always hope I treat other people the way Stockton does. And I am looking forward to the great day when he gets baptized.

0 comments: