Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Dinosaur

The toe was finally fully functional...the canker had healed and Zander was back to his normal full of life self. I was at work, when I get a phone call from Amy. We talked for a second and then she said "Zander stuck a dinosaur up his nose". Well that wasn't a surprise, he doesn't have a habit of sticking things up his nose but he is always looking for something new to try, so why not that? I laughed...but then she said "They can't get it out and they are going to the doctor."

We heard a couple of hours later that the dinosaur was out and Zander had a sucker in his mouth and was doing fine. I was anxious to see him that night and hear the whole story. The first thing he said to me was "I broke a dinosaur in my nose". I couldn't help but laugh, and he seemed fine so the whole thing was amusing. It turns out he had put the tail of a plastic dinosaur up his nose, and then it broke off. There was no way they could get it out and it was bleeding pretty badly so they took him to the doctor. The doctor had to have the nurse put Zander in a headlock to hold his head still to pull the piece out. I can completely picture this scene. Zander told me they used "pliers" to pull it out. He was in great spirits and proud to tell his whole story.

Zanders final words of wisdom where..."I will never stick a dinosaur up my nose again."

0 comments: