Thursday, January 7, 2010

Boys Tell the Sweet Truth

I have been so excited that past year to have a new running partner. Conner has been willing to run with his old, slow mom for about the past year. We are not consistent runners but when ever I put on my running attire he suits himself up as well and together we go out to jog.

I put on my long running pants and long shirt for a quick run outside in the freezing cold weather. As usual, Conner decided he would come along too. The only problem he faced was the fact he didn't have any warm running stuff. He only had shorts and that sure was not going to keep him warm enough. We decided that I would share my warm, more manly running pants with him and I would change into my tight spandex pants. I don't wear the tight spandex pants much because they are that.... SO TIGHT! I am slightly self conscious to go running outside for the entire world to see me giggling with every step. I told this to Conner and his response was, "There aren't that many people out who will see you. Plus, we aren't going THAT far. You will be fine." I agreed with him and we headed out for our short run together.

At first we were jogging side by side but there came a time when one of us had to jog out in front of the other. Conner motioned for me to go a head first. I thought he was being a gentleman so I smiled and went ahead. We jogged that way for a few minutes, with me in front and him in back. Soon the road was wide enough again for us to jog side by side. He quickly came up to my side. In a very nice, sweet voice he said, "Mom. I was watching your giggling. For as old as you are, you really aren't giggling THAT much. Maybe a little in your buttocks, but I think with a little more running it will be perfect."

Ha! At least the kid is honest. Plus, if he is going to say it so sweet like that.... I suppose a little more running wouldn't be such a bad idea! :)

0 comments: