Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Alive

Conner has been very sick the past few days. We aren't sure if it is The Flu or if he has food poisoning. He doesn't have a fever but his stomach is just killing him. His skin gets clammy and he get the chills. He can't keep down anything he eats, not even liquids. It is horrible. I feel so bad for him.

Thankfully, Garrett and Stockton are in Las Vegas with Grandma and Grandpa Dean. This just leaves Conner and Zander at home for the week. Conner stayed home to go to football camp but unfortunately he is too sick to attend. I have been trying to keep Zander and Conner apart just in case Conner is contagious. Kallie (the nanny) has been keeping Zander busy outside of the house, so Conner can rest. This has left Conner home at home by himself.

I have to admit, I am a worry wart at times. I have asked Conner to check in with me and let me know how he is doing. The day was progressing along and Conner checked in with me in the morning, but all afternoon he was silent. I started to worry when I hadn't heard from him, so I left work early to go check on him. He was fine, but the cell phone had been having issues, that is why he hadn't called.

Well, this morning he was sick again. Kallie took Zander out for the day and I had to go to work. Niel is out of town as well. As I left, I asked Conner to check in with me. I told him he could call or Instant Message with me.... I just wanted ot know if he was doing good.

When I got to work I gave Conner a call to make sure he had the phone near him. He told me he was good and he would be checking in with me in about an hour.

I was sitting at my desk when I got his IM. It read...

"Mom.... I am a live" that was it. He didn't say anything else.

Laugh! What a funny kid! I guess that was all I needed to know.... he is a live.

0 comments: