Monday, April 7, 2008

The Jazz Game

I had looked forward to the day when the boys would be old enough to actually appreciate and enjoy a Jazz game. Well, the day arrived and it was more fun then I could have imagined! The Jazz played an awesome game! They killed the Wizards with the final score 129 Jazz - 87 Wizards. We were sitting pretty high up but it was a perfect spot for us. The crowd cheered loud! The stands were full of high energy. Niel and I didn't watch the game like we usually do. We spent a lot of time going up and down the stairs. We took trips for hot dogs, bathroom breaks, drinks, popcorn, and more trips to the bathrooms. I think we both got our exercise for the night. But to see the smiles on the boys faces was priceless. They cheered loudly with the crowd. They stood up and danced to the ACDC songs. They clapped with the cheerleaders. They had such a great time!! As we were walking back to the car the boys were jumping around and expressing what fun they had. Stockton told me it was the best day of his life.... he says that often, but I love it when he says it. I think Stockton was just excited to give some of his money to the homeless guy playing church hymns on his accordion outside of the Arena. Or maybe he is just so easily entertained. It was just so fun for me to enjoy their good time. It was a perfect night. I think a trip to the Jazz game could become a just valued family tradition.

0 comments: